Amethyst Amelia Kelly, best known by her stage name Iggy Azalea, is an Australian rapper. At the young age of 16, Azalea moved to the US to pursue her dreams of becoming a well-known rapper.
Here are 10 powerful quotes from Iggy Azalea:
1. “Being talked about like a package – I feel like that all the time.” – Iggy Azalea
2. “I love musk oil. There’s something about musk that makes it memorable without being overpowering.” – Iggy Azalea
3. “I think music talks to you on an emotional level, regardless of where you’re from. I guess I related to the tempo of rap, the aggressiveness.” – Iggy Azalea
4. “Iggy’ was my dog – he was named after Iggy Pop – and ‘Azalea’ is the street where I grew up; together, they have the right amount of syllables to make the perfect name.” – Iggy Azalea
5. “No money, no family, 16 in the middle of Miami.” – Iggy Azalea
6. “Pledge allegiance to the struggle.” – Iggy Azalea
7. “Women in music have the bigger balls anyhow we endure much more harassment and critic.” – Iggy Azalea
8. “At the very worst, if I have a short-lived career, at least I could say I sparked a change—that I inspired some leniency in what people accept in hip-hop. And if I have a very long career and can be gyrating in a leotard at 35, that would be great.” – Iggy Azalea
9. “I found it to be kind of ironic, because I’m white, therefore I’m appropriating culture, but then Eminem won it – who’s white and won it many times – and they didn’t seem to say anything about that. I suspect it was just because they dislike me.” – Iggy Azalea
RELATED: Top 15 Fitness Motivational Quotes To Hype You Up
10. “I started rapping since, like, 14. But I’ve been obsessed with rap from when I was 11. I heard ‘Baby Don’t Cry,’ I’ll never forget.” – Iggy Azalea
Have an issue with this article? Request immediate removal by contacting email@example.com.
The views, information, or opinions expressed by Teen Blurb contributors are solely those of their own and do not necessarily represent Teen Blurb.